Site icon Winkler Kurtz LLP

Can I Seek Damages If I’ve Been Injured By A Hit-And-Run Driver?

Long Island Car Crash AttorneyUnfortunately, hit-and-runs are pretty common. It is essential to understand what to do and how to receive compensation if you are involved in a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident. Winkler Kurtz, LLP has been practicing for many decades and knows the ins and outs of New York law. We represent clients all around Long Island and ensure that they receive their entitled compensation. Our Long Island Car Crash Attorney is here to help with all of your car accident case needs.

What To Do if Involved in a Hit-And-Run?

If you are involved in a car accident, you need to stop and exchange information with the other involved party, whether or not the accident is your fault. In an ideal world, both parties involved in the accident will share names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information. In some cases, the person who caused the accident decides to drive away without exchanging information. If that is the case, there are a few steps recommended that you follow: 

Seeking Damages After a Hit-And-Run

You have a few options when dealing with a hit-and-run situation. Usually, health insurance policies have coverage built-in for expenses like this. You will likely file a claim through your own personal injury protection car insurance. Police will attempt to find the driver, and if they do, the runaway driver will be charged criminally in most cases. Additionally, you are allowed to sue them in a civil suit. Our Long Island Car Crash Attorney is equipped to help you navigate through these different options. 

Contact Us

The experienced team at Winkler Kurtz, LLP is here to help you navigate the legal side of a Hit-And-Run accident. It can be a confusing process. However, our team has the expertise to make this process as hassle-free as possible. Our Long Island Crash Attorney is here to help protect your legal rights and help ensure you get compensation. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation!

Exit mobile version