People get injured on a daily basis, and in most of these cases, the injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence. Hiring the best legal representation to handle your personal injury claim can be a daunting task. At Winkler Kurtz, LLP., our personal injury lawyer on Long Island can improve your chances of achieving a favorable outcome.
Finding A Good Personal Injury Lawyer
When you file a personal injury claim, it’s essential to choose an attorney that you feel comfortable with and can trust. With so much stress surrounding your injury and lawsuit, you want to know that whoever you hire will fight aggressively for you and do what it takes to recover the compensation you deserve. Every client experience is different, but here are a few things to consider when searching for the best representation for your case:
- Experience – Experience is crucial, especially in complex personal injury cases. An excellent personal injury lawyer on Long Island will have years of experience to draw from when building your case.
- Area of Focus – Choose a lawyer that specializes in personal injury claims to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Free Consultation – A free consultation allows you and the attorney to begin the process of assessing the strength of a claim and enable you to gain an understanding of how the firm operates.
When searching for a personal injury lawyer on Long Island, it’s also a good idea to ask about their past case results. Here are some of our previous case results:
- $3,400,000 – For a child who sustained a traumatic brain injury from a collision.
- $3,000,000 – For a construction accident victim.
- $2,250,000 – Wrongful death settlement for a child of a couple killed in a car accident.
After consulting with a selection of personal injury lawyers, you may be ready to choose the best personal injury lawyer to represent you for your claim. Considering all of the mentioned criteria will help you come to the appropriate decision.
Questions For A Personal Injury Lawyer
Before going for an initial consultation with a lawyer, it’s a good idea to prepare questions to ask to determine if the lawyer is the right fit for you, how they operate, and how they can help your case. Here are some examples of noteworthy questions you should ask before choosing a personal injury lawyer on Long Island:
- How many years have you been in practice?
- What percentage of your cases are personal injury claims?
- How many personal injury claims were successful?
- How many cases have you handled that were similar to mine?
- Do I have options aside from filing a lawsuit?
- What is the value of my claim?
- What is the current statute of limitations on my claim?
- Will you personally handle my claim?
- Are there any anticipated expenses that I must pay?
Asking questions before hiring a lawyer can give you a better idea of what is expected of you and how the lawyer will serve you should you hire them. After being injured during a car accident or as a result of someone’s negligence, your injury is traumatic enough. Before selecting your representation, taking the necessary steps will help you choose the best lawyer to fight for your rights.
At Winkler Kurtz, LLP., our team has dedicated our firm’s efforts to help victims recover from their critical losses since 1987. Our personal injury lawyer on Long Island will handle your case with great care and consider all your needs as they navigate your claim. Your primary focus during this time should be on your healing and recovery, so let our team handle your claim to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. To learn more about our legal services or schedule a free consultation, contact our office today!