Bone breaks are terrifying, but if your injury was caused by a person’s negligence, you should call a Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer.
Winkler Kurtz, LLP has been serving the communities of Nassau and Suffolk Counties for over 25+ years. Our staff has experience in cases involving work injuries, car accidents, and other no-fault/personal injury litigation. If you suffered a bodily injury, such as a fracture or other serious injury, we can help attain the compensation that you deserve. Our law firm will assess and determine whether or not your case falls under the personal injury umbrella. If it does, you may be entitled to legal compensation as a result of another parties’ negligence.
If You’ve Been Injured – Contact Our Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer Below
When Should You Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Injuries often occur when you least expect them. Even an accident that seems minor can result in injuries that lead to significant medical expenses or loss of earning capacity. When your life has been turned upside down by an accident caused by another party, you may be wondering if you should contact a Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer. At Winkler Kurtz, LLP., we have represented numerous clients injured due to another party’s negligence. Continue reading to find out more about personal injury lawyers and when you should seek their help when you’ve been injured.
Do I Need A Personal Injury Attorney?
Unfortunately, accidental injuries occur on a daily basis. The injuries that could occur include potentially debilitating injuries such as tendon or muscle tears, fractures, severe burns or cuts, as well as life-threatening injuries. Some of the most common causes of these injuries include:
- Automobile accidents.
- Medical malpractice.
- Cycling accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Dog bites.
- Defective or dangerous products.
The majority of the injuries mentioned above are preventable and tend to occur due to the carelessness or misconduct of someone else. After an accident, the physical and emotional damage can leave you reeling. Hiring a skilled Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer gives you a more substantial chance to offset the exorbitant costs associated with an injury. A lawyer can provide you with a better opportunity to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
When To Contact A Personal Injury Attorney
After a traumatic accident or injury, you may be wondering when is the best time to reach out to an attorney. While there is no specific timeline as to when you should hire a Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer, it’s essential to contact one shortly after your accident. Most victims are not familiar with the personal injury claims process. Having skilled representation on your side can help ensure that your rights are protected. If you are still unsure whether you should hire a lawyer to handle your case, consider these situations indicating the need for counsel before proceeding with your claim:
- You were severely injured – Cases that involve serious injuries are generally more complicated for several reasons. The financial damages are higher for severe injuries. Documenting your damages can ensure that you receive reimbursement for all losses.
- The insurance company is not acting in good faith – The insurance company for the at-fault party should be acting in good faith to resolve a claim. However, some companies engage in bad faith practices to dodge liability for a claim. Bad faith insurance practices include failing to investigate a claim, providing misleading information, or using overly aggressive methods to get a victim to accept an unfair offer.
- You don’t know how much your claim is worth – If you’re injured due to the negligence of another party, you could receive significant compensation for damages. These include pain and suffering and financial losses. If you are unfamiliar with personal injury laws, calculating a value for your claim could be challenging. A Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer understands how to use the facts of your case to maximize the value of your damages.
If any of these situations sound familiar, you should contact a reputable attorney right away. Our team will represent you and your best interests to help you achieve the most favorable outcome.
Contact Our Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer
Dealing with your emotional and physical injuries after an accident while simultaneously dealing with the stress of a legal case can be overwhelming. Fortunately, our team at Winkler Kurtz, LLP. can help. For over 30 years, our staff has helped accident victims recover from their losses. Our skilled attorneys will guide you through this process and give you much-needed peace of mind as you move forward with your life and your case. To schedule a consultation with a Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer, contact us today.
Our Case Results
For a 9 year old girl who sustained traumatic brain injury with hemiparesis from a head-on automobile collision.
For a 48 year old union painter who sustained bilateral shoulder tears and herniated disc requiring discectomy and fusion, following a fall from a ladder which broke underneath him.
For the wrongful death of a university professor and his wife who left one adult son surviving them following a motor vehicle accident.
For a woman who suffered brain hemorrhages and multiple fractures following a rear-end collision on Long Island Expressway.
For a young woman in a medical malpractice action involving the failure to diagnose and treat a ruptured appendix.
For a carpenter who fell through a stairwell and sustained a mild traumatic brain injury and herniated cervical disc without surgery.
From Our Blog – What Are The Main Causes of Workplace Accidents?
The workplace can be very hazardous, even more so in an industrial or construction environment. As an employee, you have the right to work in a healthy and safe environment. Unfortunately, several factors can cause workplace accidents. An injury can take you out of work and cause significant stress in your life. If you have been involved in a workplace accident, our Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer at Winkler Kurtz, LLP can help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Are The Main Causes of Workplace Accidents?
A workplace accident can be defined as an unplanned incident that leads to an employee’s injury or property damage. Unfortunately, at an industrial worksite, there can be many hazards present that can put employees at risk of injury. There are a few types of accidents that can commonly occur in the workplace. We can break down workplace accidents into these different categories:
- Slips, Trips, and Falls – These injuries account for a third of all personal injuries in the workplace and are often the top cause of workers’ compensation claims. During these accidents, the injuries that can occur include head, neck, back injuries, broken bones, and sprains. The most common reason for falls in the workplace is slick surfaces due to spills, icy steps, and even loose rugs. Trips can occur because of poor lighting, uneven walking surfaces, and clutter in the work area.
- Overexertion and Repetitive Motion – Some of the most costly workplace injuries are musculoskeletal disorders. These injuries can result in loss of productivity. Repetitive stress injuries can be the result of improper lifting, lack of breaks, and constant typing.
- Falling Objects – Being struck by a falling object can cause serious injuries. Falling objects can cause fractures, cuts, eye injuries, and internal organ injuries.
- Vehicle-Related Accidents – Where there are vehicles, there is the potential for accidents. Workers that drive as part of their jobs are exposed to several factors that can cause injury. Negligent drivers, faulty automotive equipment, and bad weather can all cause accidents.
While unfortunately there is no guarantee that accidents will not occur within a company, proper training and planning are ways to reduce accidents. When you get hurt on the job, you should know what your legal options are. Workers’ compensation laws vary from state to state. If you would like to learn more about what benefits you are entitled to, our Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer can help you proceed.
Am I Entitled To Benefits?
While the reporting requirements vary from state to state, it is essential to notify your employer if you get hurt on the job. From there, it can be determined if you are eligible to receive compensation. Worker’s compensation covers all medical expenses an employee incurs after an accident. Workers’ compensation can also compensate an employee for lost wages while out of work. Here are the types of disability benefits that employees may be entitled to:
- Temporary Partial Disability
- Temporary Total Disability
- Permanent Partial Disability
- Permanent Total Disability
- Death Benefits
Being injured on the job can be a very confusing and painful experience. Your primary focus should be healing. It is crucial to choose Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer that have your best interests in mind. Our team can investigate your case, determine what benefits you are entitled to, and help you get compensated for your injury.
Contact A Local Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer
A workplace accident can be a very devastating experience. For this reason, you should consider our Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer at Winkler Kurtz, LLP. Our exceptional team will provide you with high-quality service that is unique to you and your needs, so you are supported during the legal process. To schedule your free consultation, contact us today!
From Our Blog – Common Injuries Experienced After A Car Accident
Our team at Winkler Kurtz law firm strives to make the legal process as comfortable as possible with the help of a Long Island Car Accident Lawyer. We want our clients to leave the stress to us and focus on recovery. The legal process can be confusing, this is why each member of our team provides educational value to each client’s case and makes sure there is a complete understanding of the legal process.
We want to ensure a successful outcome and provide closure after their accidents. Our team has skills in many fields including Personal Injury, Divorce and Family law, Wills, Trusts and Estates, and real estate. Our Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer are very dedicated to helping resolve your legal case.
Motor Vehicle Accidents – Call Our Car Accident Attorney Near You:
Accidents involving Motor vehicles are very common. Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer work hard with the victims that suffer from these accidents. Our main goal is to pursue compensation for our clients by negotiation, resolution and other necessary tactics. Our team is ready to take on your case and ensure a positive outcome for you.
Long Island Fracture Injury Lawyer has skills in the following accident cases:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Common Injuries Experienced After A Car Accident:
- Whiplash occurs when your head moves forward and backward in a fast motion and force.
- This injury does not always appear to be an issue with people at first, it can take a few days after an accident to feel the effects from whiplash.
For more information about Whiplash and symptoms check out this website.
A head injury can be any injury that affects your brain or skull, and sometimes the physical evidence you can see is only a bruise or a bump. In some cases the physical evidence is hardly enough to see what is really injured, there is sometimes more severe damage to your head then you can see.
- Hematoma: Occurs in the brain, clotting of blood. Symptoms can include, losing consciousness.
- Hemorrhage: Uncontrolled bleeding around your brain. Symptoms can include headaches or vomiting.
- Concussion: A brain injury that resulted from a hard hit to your head.
- Edema: Swelling in your brain.
- Skull fracture: The Skull is very difficult to break, when it does fracture it can result in damage permanently.
- Diffuse axonal injury: No bleeding involved but can damage your brain cells.
These are all head injuries that individuals experience and their injuries can start to show post accident. Head injuries can be very severe, if you want more information check out this website. For more information on getting in touch with our law firm, please click here to visit our contact page. You can schedule your appointment online!