Have you recently been involved in a motor vehicle accident? Are you wondering what you should do next? At Winkler Kurtz, LLP, we have the answers for you. Our car accident lawyer near Selden, NY, would be happy to take on your case. By working with our team, you’ll be taking the necessary steps to secure the best possible outcome in any legal disputes.
Why Hire An Attorney Following A Car Accident?
It’s important to remember that even with minor fender vendors, legal representation will be needed to handle the aftermath. Even if you are a reasonable person, that doesn’t mean the other person involved in the accident will be. Trying to break down the wreck’s financial ramifications and who was at fault can be a complicated process when you’re unfamiliar with its legal aspects. However, by working with our car accident lawyer near Selden, NY, you’ll be able to smoothen out this process.
What Our Lawyer Helps With
Now that you know why you should hire our car accident lawyer near Selden, NY, we’d like to break down exactly what they will help with. Simple stating “the legal aspects of a car accident” would be far too broad of a term. To feel confident enlisting our services, we know you’ll want a bit more substance than that. Below are just some of the ways our team will work to help you after you’re involved in a car accident:
- Gathering evidence to prove you were not at fault for the accident.
- Conversing with insurance companies to ensure you are not being lowballed with medical expense coverage.
- Maintain records of your medical expenses so they can be presented to the court.
- Set reasonable monetary amounts for any pain and suffering claims.
- Ensure no other parties involving the accident take advantage of you.
Managing Your Expenses
The physical and emotional toll that is taken after a car accident should be all that a person has to deal with. Unfortunately, in most cases, a financial toll should be expected as well. If injuries sustained during the accident keep you from working, knowing where you’ll find the means to pay for these expenses can be stress-inducing. Fortunately, here at Winkler Kurtz, LLP, we can help with that. We’ll work diligently to help you recoup the damages you’re entitled to. Examples of these damages include:
- Current medical expenses.
- Future medical expenses.
- Necessary repairs are needed for the car.
- Current or future loss of income.
- Pain and suffering.
Before making decisions regarding the damages each party will receive, the first step is to determine who is at fault for the accident. While this may seem like a relatively cut and dry process, it is anything but. Several aspects will go into this, including the below:
- Finding if any of the laws of the road were blatantly broken.
- Determining if someone was driving on an expired or suspended license.
- Whether the driving was legally responsible for being reasonably careful in a particular situation.
- If one or both of the drivers were not reasonably careful.
- Poor conduct on the road caused the accident and subsequent injuries.
When To Take Legal Action
Even if you’re still in the process of recovering from any injuries, you mustn’t wait to file a lawsuit. The more time that passes, the less likely you are to achieve a favorable outcome. It becomes harder to prove any claims you are making should be upheld the longer you wait to go into a courtroom. That is why after you have visited your doctor, the first call you make should be to our car accident lawyer near Selden, NY.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer near Selden, NY
If you need legal assistance after a car accident, you’ll want to work with a team you can trust. At Winkler Kurtz, LLP, we can be that team. To ensure you have the proper representation, please don’t hesitate to contact our car accident lawyer near Selden, NY today!